Sunday, April 17, 2011

BACK! ~ Boston, MA Photographer

So can I quietly sneak back in here and pretend like I never left?  :)  Aside from winter being my slow months, graduate school is just kicking my butt.  I don’t really have much focus for anything besides school and my internship lately.  But, that’s all about to be over very very soon!  Wrapping up my 2nd year, 3.7 GPA -  it’s an amazing trip.  The internship was way harder than I expected and very demanding.  But, I think I’ve come through it on top, with tons learned and that’s all I can ask.  In case anyone was wondering, I did social work services working with low-income populations in their homes/community.  It was challenging, and interesting, and overwhelming all wrapped in one.  I am not really supposed to talk much about it due to HIPPA laws, so that’s about the extent of what I can say.  Next year will be my final year, and I will be in the 8% of single mom’s that achieve master’s level educations!  It’s the statistic that sticks in my mind, pushes me forward, and doesn’t let me quit.

And, my sweet boy…. He is doing well also.  He’s really outgrown pre-school (this is his 3rd year that is about to complete) and is looking forward to graduating in June.  He has been at his preschool pretty much since they opened.  Since he is a December baby, he is on the older end of things, so he is really really just done with the curriculum and format there.  He will miss his friends and teachers, but he will tell you about how he will not miss nap time, not even a little :)

And, I might just completely fall apart at his graduation from there, but that’s OK.   It’s hard to believe that I am a mom to an almost-kindergartener.  I still feel like he’s such a baby in so many ways.  But so grown up in so many ways too.  These pictures make me happy and sad at the same time.  Who knew parenting was such a roller coaster?

IMG_2430a

IMG_2442a

IMG_2436-2a

In business news, I am looking for new seniors and senior reps.  Senior reps get a FREE session with me in exchange for telling their friends about me.   I will only take on 1 boy and 1 girl for this offer, so please email me ASAP if you know someone who would be interested in this.  info@kellylindseyphotography.com.  Additionally, I’ll be running a spring/summer special TBA on the blog sometime in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: